KHS Guidance - 11th Grade Information and Resources
Junior Planning Meeting
In the spring of Junior Year, counselors will meet individually with students to discuss future goals, gather information, and assist in post-secondary planning. Parents are highly encouraged to join the Junior Planning Meeting. Topics covered will include:
- Senior course schedule options
- Credit review/graduation requirements
- Testing information/Test prep
- College search process
- College visits
- College essay and preparing for the Common Application
- Next steps
Financial Aid Resources
In 9th, 10th and 11th grade, the counselors will conduct large group presentations in the classroom to present and explore the various pathways available at KHS.
Every year, the students will be able to do the following:
- Students will review the course selection process at KHS
- Students will update their 4 year academic planner (credit check for graduation)
- Students will be guided on how to access further information on the various pathways available.
Counselors highly recommend that students utilize the free Khan Academy SAT preparation material to improve performance. Khan Academy offers personalized test preparation based on PSAT results. This site offers eight official full length practice tests, plus study and test taking tips. It also allows students to import PSAT/NMSQT results and pinpoint areas for practice. Students will receive constant feedback and progress throughout the tutorial.