Kennebunk High School
Dear KHS Parents/Guardians:
Please note there is a full day of school both Monday & Tuesday, November 25 & 26. There is no school for Thanksgiving break Wednesday through Friday, November 27-29.
- Public Hearing & Tours of K.H.S. November 18
- Class B West Football Final Marshwood at Kennebunk, November 16. Ticket info online.
- Information Meeting for Class of 2018, Tuesday, November 19, 6:30 PM
- Kidney for Life Benefit Dinner/Dance in support of KHS student Ethan Houle, Saturday, November 23, starting at 5:30 p.m.
- Swimmer Performance Clinics November 24
- Writing Contest for Maine High School Juniors - $2,500 cash award! December 16-January 24
- Senior Memo #4 regarding College Visits, Fairs, Open Houses and Scholarships
- Financial Aid Night is TONIGHT, November 13 at 6:30 p.m. in KHS cafeteria
- The Maine Irish Children’s Program will meet TODAY, November 13 at 3:15 p.m. in Room 233 at KHS for anyone who would like to learn more about the program and the upcoming February trip. Contact Mrs. Vaughan for more information: email@example.com
- School picture retakes are on November 14. Picture envelopes are in the main office if you missed the original picture day, or return your pictures that you don’t want to the photographer on November 14.
- PowderPuff Football Game on November 14 @ 6 PM at the KHS Stadium Field. Tickets are $2
- Mandatory Swim & Dive meeting on November 14 at 5:30 p.m. at the Michael Phelps Skills Center in Saco. Suits, warm-ups and caps will be ordered as well as important paperwork filled out for the start of preseason. The first preseason practice will be on November 18 at the U.N.E. pool from 3:20-4:50 p.m. The bus will leave KHS at 2:30 p.m.
- Reminder! Wreath order forms and payments are due to Mrs. Parker by Friday, November 15th. Wreaths will be delivered to KHS for pick up between 10-12 on Saturday, November 30th! Just in time to decorate for the upcoming holiday!
- The 2014 KHS Art Department Student Artwork Calendar will be here soon! The KHS Art Department will have a craft table at the School Around Us Craft Fair this Saturday, November ￼16 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. at MSK. The calendar is a fundraiser for the Kennebunk High School Visual and Performing Arts Boosters. In addition, the Metalsmithing classes will have a small number of jewelry designs they will be selling at the fair to raise extra funds to purchase special items for the metals classes to use.
- Please note The School Around Us Fair on Saturday, November 16 has been moved to MSK this weekend due to the football playoff game
- Baby pictures for the slide show are due in by the end of school on November 22. Drop off to Mrs. Keezer or email the picture to her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The KHS Visual and Performing Art Departments needs your help! We are hosting approximately 1000 students as they audition for All State Music Festival. Concession help and donations for Friday, November 22 & Saturday, November 23 is a critical need. To volunteer please go to: www.musicatkhs.com. Your help allows us to support our talented performers and offset the $22.00 audition fee.
- Mrs. Grady’s advisory is again writing “Holiday & Messages of Cheer” to the Veterans and soldiers. Please send some holiday cards. Over 100 are needed! Her advisory has been doing his for the last four years. They send them to the Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the main office at 985-1110. Thank you.