Skip To Main Content

New Student Registration

How to register a student in RSU 21 schools

Please see the steps below to register a student for our schools. We recognize this is a time consuming process and we appreciate you helping us to comply with our policy and procedures.

  • Complete the online form - RSU 21 New Student Registration.

  • It is required that you provide the following:

    • A completed notarized and signed copy of the RSU 21 Residency Affidavit  Click here for a copy of the Affidavit of Residency In addition to the affidavit you must provide proof of residency (a property tax bill; a mortgage statement; a lease agreement).

    • A completed copy of the Student Immunization Records. If the student has not received immunizations, an Immunization Exemption form must be completed. LINK to IMMUNIZATION REQUIREMENTS

    • If your child is not yet fully immunized, please complete an intent to immunize attached here: Attestation to Immunize

    • There are limited medical conditions that may allow for an exemption from immunization. Click here for a copy of the Immunization Exemption.


    • A birth certificate or alternate proof of age  Proof of age documents including one or more of the following:
                      Birth registration notice
                      Hospital certificate

    • A completed Language Use Survey : see LINK

NOTE: Student registration is not completed until you have provided these documents. 

Documents for incoming PreK students should be submitted to Mary Boswell at Kennebunk Elementary School. (207-985-4402)

Documents for incoming K-5 students should be submitted to Tristan Lozuaway-McComsey at the RSU 21 Central Office. (207-985-1100 ext. 1315)

Documents for incoming MSK or KHS students should be submitted to Bruce Lewia at Kennebunk High School. (985-1110 ext. 1149)

All documents may be dropped off or scanned and sent via email to the staff noted above. 

Notary services are available through Mary Boswell at KES. 

Students may not attend RSU 21 schools until these documents have been received by RSU 21.



After submitting required documentation the registration is reviewed and a recommendation for placement is made to the superintendent. Once the superintendent has finalized the placement, the school principal or their designee will be in touch to communicate next steps.