The Transportation Department at RSU 21 is committed to the safe and reliable transportation of all of the students in our district. Our staff is comprised of 40 school bus drivers, 13 Bus Aides, 1 Head Bus Driver, 2 Mechanics and 1 Director.
Each morning and afternoon our drivers perform a pre-trip inspections on their assigned vehicles ensuring that they are safe and free of defects before they leave on their routes. Last year our fleet of school buses and vans logged over 580,000 miles transporting students to-and-from school, on field trips and athletic trips.
All of our buses are equipped with GPS systems to track the location and speed of our vehicles. They are also equipped with interior security cameras with audio to monitor occupant behavior. As of July 2015, all of our daily route buses are equipped with exterior cameras mounted by the stop arm to record motorists who illegally pass our buses when they are stopped loading or unloading students with their red lights flashing. The pictures and video can be copied by the Transportation Department and sent to our local law enforcement agencies to use to track down the offenders. Also, all of our new buses that we purchase now are equipped with Rapid-Flash LED Warning Lights. These features are added safety measures we are taking to ensure safe student transportation across our district.
We look forward to another great school year transporting the students of RSU 21. If at any time you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to e-mail or call us at the Transportation Department.
2020-2021 BUS ROUTES AVAILABLE
Please sign up for the Ride 360 program using the directions below to view your student's bus schedule. If the pick up and drop off location we have is not correct, please call to let us know at 207-985-2622.
RIDE 360 INSTRUCTIONS
1) Using the Chrome or Firefox browser, go to https://mersu21.traversaride360.com/. You will need your child’s student ID. Their ID can be found by logging into PowerSchool, Titan Lunch System, or by calling your child’s school.
2) If you’re not already registered, choose the ‘Register’link.
3) To register, enter your email address, along with your password and name.
4) After registering, you’ll receive an email confirmation. You may need to check any SPAM filters in place. The provided link will require you to confirm your registration through the Ride 360 website.
5) Log in to the website, and then add your child by going to My Students and select the Find Student button. You will need to know the student identification number of your student. If you need assistance with your student ID number please contact your school.
For more information please refer to the two resources below.